Web Developers (f/m/d)
As an IT service provider with our own product development, we at orquidea cover a wide range of topics and industries. Through project-based work, our developers gain insights into many different areas, can grow with new challenges, constantly develop their skills and actively shape the processes from the very beginning. This diversity is also reflected in our employees, who come from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, which often leads to new ideas and perspectives. Tolerance, openness and mutual trust are important. Moreover, we have flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and the opportunity to quickly take responsibility for smaller projects within the context of our long-term, high-quality customer relationships.
For us, your performance as well as your personality counts regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or worldview.
To join our team in Darmstadt, we are currently looking for
Start: Next possible date
Sector: Development of websites and web applications
Contract type: Permanent
How our developers work:
- “Working on a green field”: For our software developers it is normal to carry out greenfield projects as well as working with established software solutions. This gives them the freedom to help shape the projects right from the start and to choose which technologies they want to use.
- “Writing good code”: we use object-oriented programming and stick to 3 Best Practices: (1) avoid redundancy, (2) abstraction, (3) documentation.
- “Keep it simple, stupid!”: We work according to the KISS principle and always look for the simplest possible solutions when writing code. We develop IT applications based on clean code instead of creating Frankenstein monster applications.
- “Agile and collaborative”: we work in an agile environment with clearly defined roles. We follow a sprint-based approach and our developers are involved in planning the projects and their work packages from the beginning. We conduct regular code reviews to help each other improve. Moreover, there are daily opportunities to share and talk in dailies with the whole team.
What are your tasks:
- Backend development with PHP (7/8) is standard for you and you use frameworks such as Laravel.
- You are comfortable working with WordPress and have already gained some experience with MySQL.
- You can define simple queries and relations are not a new concept for you.
- You work alongside the senior project manager and software architect and are the point of contact for your areas of expertise.
- You take responsibility for a (sub-)project and keep the project manager posted with regular status updates.
- If you are not (yet) proficient in any of the above tasks, we still encourage you to apply, as we all learn something new every day.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in computer science, a completed professional training in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You master the tech stack described above.
- Normalize.css is essential for you at the start of any design project.
- You have already gained experience with the integration of APIs such as REST.
- You are not afraid of ‘git blame`.
- You are keen to constantly evolve and keep up to date with the latest technological developments.
- You work in an independent, analytical and structured way.
- You are fluent in German and English and maintain a professional appearance, also when dealing with customers.
What you can expect with us:
You can expect a pleasant, open and appreciative working environment. You will receive individual training and support from a mentor. Working in a small project team will offer you a great deal of freedom to contribute your own ideas. You will continually expand your portfolio through challenging tasks and your involvement in a wide range of projects. Furthermore, you will have access to a generous annual budget for your personal and professional development. A good work-life balance is ensured thanks to flexible working hours, flextime and home office options. Our modern, bright office spaces in the center of Darmstadt are very well connected to the public transport network and offer good parking facilities. At the office, there is always freshly ground, single-origin Arabica Mexico Maragogype coffee from a small but select roastery in Wiesbaden. Height-adjustable, ergonomic desks are a matter of course for us. These are just some of the benefits that you can look forward to.
Do you feel intrigued and does your professional experience match the requirements? Then we are look forward to receiving your documents by email and to meet you for a first interview.
Incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications, irrespective of ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, severity or age.
Please send your complete application to:
orquidea IT Services GmbH
or via Email to jobs[at]orquidea.de