Automation Expert Puppet (f/m/d)
As an IT service provider with our own product development, we at orquidea cover a wide range of topics and industries. Through project-based work, our consultants gain insights into many different areas, can grow with new challenges, constantly develop their skills and actively shape the processes from the very beginning. This diversity is also reflected in our employees, who come from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, which often leads to new ideas and perspectives. Tolerance, openness and mutual trust are important. Moreover, we have flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and the opportunity to quickly take responsibility for smaller projects within the context of our long-term, high-quality customer relationships.
For us, your performance as well as your personality counts regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or worldview.
To join our team, we are currently looking for
Automation Expert Puppet (f/m/d)
Start: Next possible date
Sector: DevOps / Automation / System Administration
Locationtype: Mainly remote
Contract type: Permanent
What are your tasks:
- You are responsible for building up an automated system for the operation, maintenance and monitoring of the virtual Linux environment of the data center including servers, databases, applications, back-up.
- You analyse the existing environment and optimize it by developing new solutions to improve simplicity, stability and effectiveness.
- You participate in the maintenance, operation and monitoring of the network (firewall, VPN, SPAM/content filter, etc.).
- You are also occasionally involved in the automation via Windows servers, including their system-related services, databases and applications.
- You work closely with colleagues from operations, the specialist departments, users and service providers.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in computer science, a completed professional training in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- You have strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in the fields of automation and scripting with tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Bash, and Perl.
- You have very good knowledge in DevOps process automation and in Linux administration.
- You are also familiar with Windows Server environments.
- You have experience with container environments (Docker, Docker-Swarm, Kubernetes).
- You bring knowledge on database administration.
- You have already worked with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an asset.
- You are well familiar with agile methodology and frameworks such as Scrum.
- If you are not (yet) proficient in any of the above tasks, we still encourage you to apply, as we all learn something new every day.
- You work in an independent, analytical and structured way.
- You are a team player with very good communication skills.
- You are keen to constantly evolve and keep up to date with the latest technological developments.
- You are willing to travel to a certain extent.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You maintain a professional appearance, also when dealing with customers.
What you can expect with us:
You can expect a pleasant, open and appreciative working environment. You will receive individual training and support from a mentor. Working in a small project team will offer you a great deal of freedom to contribute your own ideas. You will continually expand your portfolio through challenging tasks and your involvement in a wide range of projects. Furthermore, you will have access to a generous annual budget for your personal and professional development. A good work-life balance is ensured thanks to flexible working hours, flextime and home office options. Our modern, bright office spaces in the center of Darmstadt are very well connected to the public transport network and offer good parking facilities. At the office, there is always freshly ground, single-origin Arabica Mexico Maragogype coffee from a small but select roastery in Wiesbaden. Height-adjustable, ergonomic desks are a matter of course for us. These are just some of the benefits that you can look forward to.
Please send your complete application to:
orquidea IT Services GmbH
Rheinstr. 16 a
or via Email to jobs[at]orquidea.de