orquidea IT Services GmbH is an independent IT service provider and software company with its own research and development, project management and product development. From strategic consulting to conception and process optimization to implementation, software development and support of IT systems, we offer everything from a single source. With our experts, we support companies and public administrations in maintaining their IT systems and optimizing IT security.
For us, your performance as well as your personality counts regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or worldview.
To join our team, we are currently looking for a
Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Start: Next possible date
Location: Mainly Remote / Darmstadt
Sector: Development of E-Commerce solutions and Web-Applications
Contract type: Permanent
What are your tasks:
- You work in a large-scale E-Commerce project with a reach of millions. One of the largest, fast-growing E-Commerce platforms in Germany with a 100-year history that incorporates more than 5.000 local sellers.
- You create sales channels for small business owners across Europe.
- You bring innovative web technologies to life and help catapult this platform to number one.
- You develop and maintain e-commerce solutions for large-scale projects with enormous reach.
- You work together with our mathematicians to integrate new algorithms.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- You write code with high quality and reliability.
- You provide the Project Manager with accurate and timely information on the status of your work.
- You work together with the Senior Project Manager as the main contact person for all relevant topics.
- You take responsibility for the projects and work independently in your assigned team and project.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 5 extensive years of knowledge and working experience in the field of web development and e-commerce.
- Degree in Computer Science, completed Computer Science vocational training or comparable professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel) and Strong command of Apache, MySQL, with a proven ability to adopt new frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Knowledge of Software Development in the AWS cloud.
- Experience with E-Commerce Systems (such as OS-Commerce) and Payment Systems.
- Proficiency in Web Services integrations (REST/SOAP).
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with caching and scaling.
- Independent, structured and methodical working practice.
- Very good knowledge of German and English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of E-Commerce Systems: Shopware, WooCommerce, Magento.
- Knowledge of CMS-Systems: Typo3, WordPress, Joomla, AEM.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda and other AWS features.
- Knowledge on technologies/functions such as Vagrant, Docker and Frameworks.
- You have experience with test-driven development.
- You have experience with version control systems like Git.
- You have experience with Project Management software like JIRA.
What you can expect with us:
- An appreciative and diverse working environment – Due to our flat hierarchies, we have a relaxed and collegial work atmosphere. We live and promote a diverse, respectful and tolerant working environment.
- Individual support and room for your ideas – You will receive individual training and support from a mentor. You will work in a small project team that offers you a lot of freedom for your own ideas. You will continuously expand your portfolio through challenging tasks and working on varied projects and industries.
- Personal and professional development – You will have access to a generous annual budget for your personal and professional growth. We actively support you in your career planning and create an individual training plan together with you.
- Flexible working hours and home office – We offer flexible working time models, home office and remote work options so that you can find the right balance between work and private life.
- Special social benefits and further benefits – We offer a company pension plan, supplementary company health insurance, vacation pay and childcare benefits. We also offer a free membership to our partner gym.
- A modern office in the center of Darmstadt – In our modern, bright office in the center of Darmstadt, each workstation has a height-adjustable, ergonomic desk. Our well-equipped office kitchen always serves freshly ground, single-origin Arabica Mexico Maragogype coffee. Optimal public transport connections and good parking facilities are available, as well as numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities.
- VIP tickets at the Darmstadt “Lilies” – As official co-sponsor of SV Darmstadt 98, we have VIP tickets available for every home game, which can also be used by employees.
Do you feel intrigued and does your professional experience match the requirements? Then we are look forward to receiving your documents by email and to meet you for a first interview.
Incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications, irrespective of ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, severity or age.
Please send your complete application to: