System Administrator (f/m/d)
As an IT service provider with our own product development, we at orquidea cover a wide range of topics and industries. Through project-based work, our consultants gain insights into many different areas, can grow with new challenges, constantly develop their skills and actively shape the processes from the very beginning. This diversity is also reflected in our employees, who come from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, which often leads to new ideas and perspectives. Tolerance, openness and mutual trust are important. Moreover, we have flat hierarchies, short decision-making processes and the opportunity to quickly take responsibility for smaller projects within the context of our long-term, high-quality customer relationships.
For us, your performance as well as your personality counts regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or worldview.
To join our team, we are currently looking for
System Administrator (f/m/d)
Start: Next possible date
Sector: System Administration
Location: Mainly remote
Contract type: Permanent
What are your tasks:
- The administration of Linux systems is one of your main tasks. Windows Server and clients should not be unfamiliar to you, as your support is also needed here from time to time.
- As part of your job, you will be responsible for the development, provisioning and operation as well as optimization of (partly cloud-based) IT systems (client/server systems) and ensuring smooth software development for internal departments as well as external customers.
- You will be responsible for the configuration and administration of network components such as firewalls, switches and routers as well as the support of Active Directory domains.
- The support and expansion of application operations for software development with tools such as Atlassian Jira, GitLab, Bamboo, BitBucket and Jenkins within agile development teams is part of your varied tasks.
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of data security processes and provide support on IT security topics in close coordination with the Information Security Officer.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for the support of client workstations and their IT environment (hardware and software) including troubleshooting, error diagnosis and technical problem solving as well as the creation and maintenance of operating and installation documentation.
Who you are:
- You have completed training as an IT specialist in system integration, studied computer science / information technology or have a comparable qualification.
- You have sound knowledge and experience in the administration of Linux and ideally Windows systems.
- You have experience with cloud environments such as Microsoft/Office 365 and AWS.
- You are familiar with Active Directory, virtualization and networks.
- You have experience with DevOps platforms such as GitLab or/and Bitbucket.
- You can administer the Atlassian Jira software platform and setting up development environments is not new to you.
- You work in an independent, analytical and structured way.
- You are a team player with very good communication skills.
- You are keen to constantly evolve and keep up to date with the latest technological developments.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You maintain a professional appearance, also when dealing with customers.
What you can expect with us:
You can expect a pleasant, open and appreciative working environment. You will receive individual training and support from a mentor. Working in a small project team will offer you a great deal of freedom to contribute your own ideas. You will continually expand your portfolio through challenging tasks and your involvement in a wide range of projects. Furthermore, you will have access to a generous annual budget for your personal and professional development. A good work-life balance is ensured thanks to flexible working hours, flextime and home office options. Our modern, bright office spaces in the center of Darmstadt are very well connected to the public transport network and offer good parking facilities. At the office, there is always freshly ground, single-origin Arabica Mexico Maragogype coffee from a small but select roastery in Wiesbaden. Height-adjustable, ergonomic desks are a matter of course for us. These are just some of the benefits that you can look forward to.
Please send your complete application to:
orquidea IT Services GmbH
Rheinstr. 16 a
or via Email to jobs[at]orquidea.de