Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
maracana SDC Private Limited is a Software Development Center in Chandigarh which aims to build tailor-made solutions for medium-sized businesses as well as global corporations. maracana is a subsidiary of the German/Swiss based company orquidea IT Services GmbH which is established with a view to serve the European Customers for Software Development and Testing needs.
For us, your performance as well as your personality counts regardless of your age, origin, gender, sexual identity, disability or worldview.
To join our team at our Software Development Center in Mohali, Chandigarh, we are currently looking for a
Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Start: Next possible date
Location: Mainly Remote
Sector: Development of E-Commerce solutions and Web-Applications
Contract type: Permanent
What you can expect with us:
- A challenging working environment in a dynamic team.
- Exciting Web Development projects with innovative technologies in the context of long-term and high-quality customer relationships.
- Working for a large-scale E-Commerce project with millions of customers:
- One of the largest E-Commerce platforms in Germany.
- Combines more than 5000 local sellers. Creating sales channels for small business owners all over Europe.
- Fast growing e-commerce platform with a 100-year old company history.
- Feel the spirit and bring new awesome web technologies to life.
- Help to put this platform in first place. We want you to get on board today!
What are your tasks:
- You develop and maintain e-commerce solutions with millions of customers.
- You work together with our mathematicians to integrate new algorithms.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- You write code with high quality and reliability.
- You provide the Project Manager with accurate and timely information on the status of your work.
- You work together with the Senior Project Manager based in Germany as the main contact person for all relevant topics.
- You take responsibility for the projects and work independently in your assigned team and project.
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 5 extensive years of knowledge and working experience in the field of web development and e-commerce.
- Degree in Computer Science, completed Computer Science vocational training or comparable professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel) and Strong command of Apache, MySQL, with a proven ability to adopt new frameworks.
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Knowledge of Software Development in the AWS cloud.
- Experience with E-Commerce Systems (such as OS-Commerce) and Payment Systems.
- Proficiency in Web Services integrations (REST/SOAP).
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with caching and scaling.
- Independent, structured and methodical working practice.
- Very good knowledge of English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of E-Commerce Systems: Shopware, WooCommerce, Magento.
- Knowledge of CMS-Systems: Typo3, WordPress, Joomla, AEM.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda and other AWS features.
- Knowledge on technologies/functions such as Vagrant, Docker and Frameworks.
- You have experience with test-driven development.
- You have experience with version control systems like Git.
- You have experience with Project Management software like JIRA.
Do you feel intrigued and does your professional experience match the requirements? Then we are look forward to receiving your documents by email and to meet you for a first interview.
Incoming applications are only evaluated for their professional qualifications, irrespective of ethnicity, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, severity or age.
Please send your complete application to: